Monday 5 October 2015

 Life is too short …

William Blake wrote …
I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe;
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night.
Till it bore an apple bright.

Bitterness and unforgiveness can form a deadly poison for the soul.
Sadly, bitterness and unforgiveness very often become the poison that we start administering to ourselves.
We keep injecting the apple with poison hoping our foe will eat the shiny, red apple.
But we are really injecting ourselves with the poison.

Life is too short to inject ourselves with the poison of bitterness and unforgiveness …

No comments:

Post a Comment